True to form, the author asks more questions than he answers--a sign of an open mind. If property is theft, leased access is extortion, and The Age of Access warns us of the complex changes coming in our relationships with our homes, our communities, and our world. An internationally renowned social critic, Jeremy Rifkin is the bestselling author of The End of Work and The Biotech Century , which was translated into sixteen languages. He lives in Washington, D.
- Biomat 2010: International Symposium on Mathematical and Computational Biology.
- Lotus Notes and Domino 6 System Administrator Exam Cram 2 (Exam Cram 620, 621, 622).
- Social Protection for the Poor and Poorest: Concepts, Policies and Politics?
- Civil Society and Global Finance (Routledge Warwick Studies in Globalisation).
- Coding and signal processing for magnetic recording systems.
Convert currency. Add to Basket. Book Description Tarcher, Condition: New. Seller Inventory M More information about this seller Contact this seller. Seller Inventory ZZN.
Never used!. Seller Inventory P Book Description Tarcher. Seller Inventory NEW Ships with Tracking Number! Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!.
See a Problem?
Seller Inventory n. Jeremy Rifkin. Publisher: Tarcher , On the horizon looms the Age of Access, an era radically different from any we have known. In the future, we will purchase enlightenment and play, grooming and grace, and everything in between. In the Age of Access, Rifkin asks, will any time be left for relationships of a noncommercial nature?
An Excess of Access and Other Dangers of ‘Hypercapitalism’
The critical question posed by The Age of Access is whether civilization can survive when only the commercial sphere remains as the primary arbiter of human life. No current Talk conversations about this book. Rifkin gives an insightful analysis of the shift from property ownership to the information economy and how access to information becomes evermore critical.
Interesting book that I had to read for library school. You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
Age of Access: The New Culture of Hypercapitalism, Where All of Life …
Information from the German Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
- ISBN 13: 9781585420186.
- Michael Breins Guide to Washington, DC by the Metro (Michael Breins Guides to Sightseeing By Public Transportation).
- When All of Life is a Paid-For Experience.
- Topics in Fluorescence Spectroscopy.
- The Age Of Access.
- My Wishlist.
- Inspiring creative supervision.
- He May Be Prophet or Pessimist, but Should Be Heard.
The Age of Access. References to this work on external resources. Wikipedia in English None. No library descriptions found. Book description.
Haiku summary. Add to Your books.
Add to wishlist. Quick Links Amazon. Amazon Kindle 0 editions.
ccomoxevex.tk Audible 0 editions.