You are commenting using your Facebook account. Notify me of new comments via email.
Notify me of new posts via email. Wildlife Detective. Skip to content. Share this: Twitter Facebook. Like this: Like Loading Bookmark the permalink. Leave a Reply Cancel reply Enter your comment here Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:. Good use is made of illustrations, graphs, tables and generally excellent photos.
Review: The life of buzzards, by Peter Dare
A minor gripe is the omission of a simple timeline of a typical year, showing approximate dates of egg-laying, hatching, fledging and so on — one has to extract this information from the text. In his preface the author expresses his hope that this book will encourage and assist fresh field studies by a new generation of raptor enthusiasts.
While the book will no doubt be inspirational, and includes huge amounts of valuable information, more could have been included to guide the aspirant raptor worker. Nest-finding is not covered, for example, and contact details of local raptor study groups are omitted. Readers are directed to Hardy et al , but a short chapter on techniques for Buzzard monitoring would have been a good addition. Want to Read saving….
- Foreign and Security Policy Decisionmaking Under Yeltsin.
- Key information.
- Andrew Isles Natural History Books.
- Rapid Growth and Relative Decline: Modelling Macroeconomic Dynamics with Hysteresis.
- The Writing of Anxiety: Imagining Wartime in Mid-Century British Culture?
- The Life of Buzzards.
Want to Read Currently Reading Read. Other editions.
How buzzards came to fly over the UK again
Enlarge cover. Error rating book. Refresh and try again. Open Preview See a Problem?
About this book
Details if other :. Thanks for telling us about the problem.
- MP3 : the definitive guide?
- Common Buzzard.
- I'd like to be notified of new arrivals in the following categories..
- I'd like to be notified of new arrivals in the following categories.!
- Islamic Law and Transnational Diplomatic Law: A Quest for Complementarity in Divergent Legal Theories!
- Good Choice!: Supporting Independent Reading and Response K-6!
Return to Book Page. The Life of Buzzards by Peter Dare. Get A Copy.
Paperback , pages.